Spring has sprung, The Masters has come and gone, so now The Wise Guise and the sports world are focused on one thing:
The NHL Playoffs — er (clears throat), excuse me…
THE NBA PLAYOFFS, BABY!
The Grizzly Bears have nestled into the 7 seed and will face a familiar foe in Oklahoma City. Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic have earned the 3rd best lottery odds by piecing together some very, very impressive losses. But who cares about the Magic right now — nobody.
As the playoffs tip off on Saturday, The Wise Guise and friends answer these nine questions…
1) How far can the Grizzlies go? What is a somewhat realistic best-case scenario?
2) If the Grizzlies get bounced in the first round in an ugly fashion, what happens going forward? Do they blowup parts of the roster? Have we seen the last of this roster that we’ve grown to know and love?
3) Who wins the West? Why?
4) Who wins the East? Why?
5) Who will be the first team that Adam Silver hands the Larry O’Brien Trophy to?
6) Which coverage do you prefer — TNT (Turner) or ESPN/ABC?
7) Who’s the dark horse in the East? West?
8) Last year the sports world learned about the Spurs’ Kawhi Leonard during the finals. Which player this year will be a household name?
9) What is your nightmare matchup for the finals?
Here’s what the fellas had to say…