Just because Mad Men’s season ended last week doesn’t mean all 1950s fun has to do the same. All around us, 1950s swagger is alive and well, so why not take advantage? Here’s a Mad Men inspired date night that might just give you that final taste you’ve been craving to tide you over until next season.
- Rent a car that’s cooler than the Honda you drive. Check out Exotic Car Rentals in Nashville to try out a Jaguar or Ferrarri.
- Don’t pick up your date, meet them at the bar at Tyler Brown’s famous Capital Grille in the Hermitage Hotel. That way, you might even feel like the rendez-vous has a little scandal in it.
- If you choose to start at the Holland House instead, enjoy a lounge couch, not the bar. This Anthropologie tufted gem might even be worth bringing home.
- Order an old fashioned, for both of you. After dinner, try the Patterson House. Don’t forget to open the door when she gets in your newly rented hot rod.
- Guys, wear a slim tie, and a coat if you dare, she’ll swear you’re hotter than Don Draper. Have another whiskey.
- Ladies, make sure to cover those shoulders for a night like in the ‘50s with a brightly colored frock like with this j.crew Marielle dress. Pair it with a vintage necklace and an updo. I dare you.
- A pair of nude heels like these are a good throw back to Butler shoes; Joan would be proud.
- You wouldn’t dare walk out your door naked, don’t let your nails, either. Try this “come to bed red” from Butter.
- If you’re itching for some tunes on the jukebox, head to the Villager Tavern in Hillsboro Village, it’s the only place in Nashville with pay-as-you-go tunes. And who knows, maybe it’ll be just the romance you need to end the night right.
P.S. What would YOU do on a Mad Men inspired night out?