I own approximately eight movies. Two of them are Baz Luhrmann films that I will speak of another time. Two are suspense thrillers. Two are 90s’ teen flicks. One is Shawshank Redemption. And the last, my dearies, is The Sandlot. Also known as the best movie ever made in the world.
- Ladies, this summer channel your inner Wendy Peffercorn with this polka-dotted one-piece.
- I still think little what’s his name was so hot in the Sandlot. His LA Dodgers cap never left that shock of dark hair, and in my dreams, it’s still there.
- Don’t get a mastiff. But at least think about a artistic rendition by Susane E. Jones. No way this pic would have scared Scotty Smalls. (Who by the way, was later in Black Hawk Down… I always knew he was a badass.)
- This is the perfect summer T for the fellas. Ya, ya. You’ve gotta get it.
- Don’t be an L-7 weenie. Getchoself that pair of PF Flyers you’ve always wanted.
- Be prepared for summer campouts FOR-EV-ER with this bedroll.
- East Nashville artist Chris Susi is bring back baseball’s greatest with his sketches. Get one of his 18×24 ball-point masterpieces in person at Billy Reid’s June 30th Summer Classics event.
- Erector Sets. Enough said.
- You know you want some more. Check out these two recipes for a twist on a classic.
- Finally, a Sandlot roundup wouldn’t be complete without an updated pair of specs in honor of dear Squints Palledorous.
There it is my friends. And I’ll leave you with just a few quotes to encourage you to go grab some friends and watch the greatest movie of all time, pronto.
The Babe: “Remember kid, there’s heroes and there’s legends. Heroes get remembered but legends never die, follow your heart kid, and you’ll never go wrong.”
Ham Porter: “Is that your sister out there in left field, naked? She’s naked?”
Older Scotty Smalls: Michael Squints Palledorous walked a little taller that day. And we had to tip our hats to him. He was lucky she hadn’t beat the *crap* out of him. We wouldn’t have blamed her. What he’d done was sneaky, rotten, and low… and cool.
And finally… the best quote of the movie, from my teenage life long heartthrob, Benny “the jet” Rodriguez.
Benny Rodriguez: Anyone who wants to be a can’t-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama’s bra, raise your hand.
Until next time,